- At 9U, 10U and 11U, the Presidents Division is for the best of the best teams to compete in their age group for a state championship.
- At 12U to 19U, the Presidents Division is for mid-level competitive teams to compete for a state championship, with the ability to travel and go on to regional and national US Youth Soccer competitions.
- Teams in GREEN MUST play at least State Cup Presidents Division; teams can play up in National Cup.
- The Presidents Division is a seeded tournament based on the team's performance in last year’s State Tournaments and Fall League results.
- In the 9U-11U and 19U age groups, the Presidents Division is open to all teams playing in Cal South Sanctioned Leagues in all play levels.
- In the 12U through 17U age groups, the Presidents Division is open to all teams playing in Cal South Sanctioned Leagues in Silver Division, or equal, or lower.
- Champions in the 13U-17U age groups will represent Cal South in the 2017 US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup Regionals in Salt Lake City, Utah, June 13-19, 2017.
- Winners of the Regionals in the 13U-17U age groups will advance to the 2017 US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup Championships in Auburndale, Florida, July 12-16, 2017.