1) Where do I begin the Release and Transfer process?
a. Please go to www.calsouth.com and select "Youth Login Info."
2) What are the alerts on the system and what do they mean?
Alerts are notifications that a release or transfer is pending your timely review and approval.
3) I keep receiving notifications that a release or transfer has been initiated. What does this mean?
This is your cue that a release or transfer is awaiting your review and approval.
4) As a certified registrar, is it my responsibility to collect a player's pass when a release or transfer is requested for that player?
Yes. It is important that the player's pass is collected. In order to show that the card was properly collected, please make sure to mark the "Yes" button regarding player passes on the release page.
5) What if the player pass was lost or mutilated.
Please make sure to mark the "No" button to indicate the card was not collected. Under "Comments," please make sure a detailed reason is stated.
6) A parent says they forgot or lost their username and password. How can I help?
If a parent needs assistance resetting their password, or needs a new username and password in the first place, you can generate a secure username and password for them underneath the "Parent" tab in "Player Lookup" in the Cal South Online Registration System.
7) How do I contact another league or club registrar?
a. Use the Find-A-League (www.calsouth.com/en/find-a-league/) on the Cal South website. Locate your league or club, click on their name, and it will take you to their website, where you can find the contact info for their registrar.
8) What are the options after a player has been released?
A Tournament Pool Pass may be requested via your District Commissioner for tournament play only.
9) Will I be notified when release or transfer approvals are completed?
When a release or transfer has been approved by the District Commissioner, an automated email is sent to both the existing primary parent or guardian's email address and to the registrar's email.
10) Will I be notified if a release or transfer has been initiated by the parent?
Yes, if the parent initiated the release or transfer via the Cal South Online Registration System.
11) Will the Cal South Corporate Office assist me with the process?
Yes, the Cal South Corporate Office staff will be happy to assist.
12) As a certified registrar, may I initiate the process on my behalf of the player/family?
There will be instances when accessing the system may be problematic for parents, which may necessitate your assistance. This is acceptable, but we prefer that it is a parent-initiated process, to better allow us to track it to ensure that the approval process goes smoothly for both the family and you. However, if you have questions regarding the legitimacy of the request, please contact your District Commissioner or Cal South representative.
13) How long will the approval process take?
Each release and transfer request is different. However, in most cases, the approval process should take a relatively short time from start to finish.
14) A message appeared during the process: "Transferring team is currently not accepting transfers! This may be caused by transfer limits, blackout dates, etc." What does this mean?
Please make sure to contact the Cal South Corporate Office for further guidance.
Contact Cal South:
• Contact Account Management Support: LAMSupport@calsouth.com