To return to the main Release and Transfer process page, please click here
1) Where do I begin the Release and Transfer process?
2) I forgot my username and password.
a) Please click on "Forgot Password" and follow the prompted steps.
3) How do I contact my league or club registrar?
a) Use the "Find-A-League" (www.calsouth.com/en/find-a-league/) on the Cal South website. Locate your league or club, click on their name, and it will take you to their website, where you can find the contact info for their registrar.
4) I'm having a difficult time accessing my account. What do I do next?
If you're having a difficult time accessing your account, there are three options to try:
1) Contact your league or club registrar.
5) I don't know my transferring team ID#. Where can I find it?
Contact your transferring team administrator to obtain this information or you may also use the "Team Info Search" tool.
6) The release and transfer option is not available when I log in to my account. What does this mean?
The releasing team has not been activated or the player has not been assigned to the releasing team; contact your releasing club registrar for further guidance.
7) What are my options after being released?
A Tournament Pool Pass may be requested via your District Commissioner or the Cal South League Account Management Department for tournament play only. As a courtesy, please give 3 to 5 business days notice before the tournament in order for your Tournament Pool Pass to be printed and shipped. (Arrangements can also be made to pick up Tournament Pool Passes from your District Commissioner or the Cal South Corporate Office once you have given the 3 to 5 day lead time.)
8) Will I be notified when Release and Transfer approvals are completed?
Yes, when a release and/or transfer has been approved by Cal South, an automated email will be sent to the primary parent/guardian's email listed in his/her Cal South profile.
9) May another person initiate the online process on my behalf if I am unable to access my account?
A release may be initiated by another person only upon the express, written consent of the player through their parent/guardian. The written consent must be evidenced by an email or written document authorizing the initiation of a release. [Rule 1.5.4, Cal South Rules and Regulations (amended)]
10) How long will the approval process take?
1. If it is a release is without an accompanying transfer it may take 1-5 business days.
11) A message appeared during the process: "Transferring team is currently not accepting transfers!” What does this mean?
This may be caused by transfer limits, blackout dates, etc. Please make sure to contact your league or club registrar or the Cal South League Account Management Department Office for further guidance.
12) What if I want to do a release and transfer during the Fall Roster Freeze period?
You may initiate a release and transfer during the Fall Roster Freeze period:
• The Fall Season roster freeze period is from August 1st through the 1st Monday after Thanksgiving.
• A Release and Transfer is only allowed during this time period when initiated online by the parent and uncontested by both the releasing and incoming club
• There is a maximum of 7 days for the releasing registrar to contest the transfer request online, otherwise the request is deemed approved
• If contested, the parent may appeal. The parent must initiate the appeal process within 3 days and pay the $100 appeal fee (refundable if transfer granted on appeal). Otherwise, the transfer is denied.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: Your local competitive leagues (CSL, Presidio, SCDSL, Central Coast, Bakersfield, LA Futbol Circuit) may have more restrictive player transfer policies. These policies will take precedence during their respective season.
13) How does the Appeals process work?
a) The request for an appeal shall be initiated by the player through the completion of the electronic Player Transfer Appeal Form to Cal South within three (3) days of notification that the request is contested. The reason for requesting an appeal must be clearly and fully stated.
b) If no timely appeal is initiated within the three (3) day period, the transfer request shall be denied.
c) A $100.00 fee payable to Cal South must accompany requests for appeals. In the event the contested transfer is allowed, the account of the contesting releasing club shall be charged the $100.00 fee and the appealing player shall receive a refund of the appeal fee. The accepting club, if the transfer is approved, shall be charged a transfer fee as determined and published by Cal South.
d) Cal South may, but is not required, to hold a hearing on the appeal in its sole discretion. If it is determined that a hearing is necessary, the parties shall be informed of the date and time of the hearing and shall be given five (5) minutes per side to present their position. If a party does not intend to present oral argument that party shall notify Cal South. The parties shall be notified by Cal South of the decision on the appeal.
Contact Cal South:
• Contact Account Management Support: LAMSupport@calsouth.com