It is vital that all coaches and team administrators be aware of the importance of goal safety.
Many injuries related to soccer do not occur on the field of play, but rather before and after games, and usually in the transport, improper placement or misuse of soccer goals.
To help our membership understand this important issue, please feel free to download and circulate the following PDF:
Kwik Goal Safety First Program Booklet (PDF 1.3 MB)
There are many very useful features in this booklet, including:
- Myths vs. facts concerning soccer goals and soccer goal-related injuries
- Pre-match soccer goal checklist
- Post-match soccer goal suggestions
- Tips on anchoring goal systems and their proper use
- Soccer goal net safety
- Soccer goal purchasing guideline and checklist