Our ODP Youth Academy Residential Camps offer an intense and focused week of training for players determined to improve their game and learn what it takes to be the best. Our highly qualified staff conduct a training curriculum modeled after the US Youth National Teams, emphasizing technical training in individual and small group concepts as well as team play. Training consists of competitive, high-energy sessions that put players under pressure to make
good decisions, including balanced solo and cooperative activities.
Each player can benefit from:
- Exposure to the positive and challenging ODP environment
- Evaluation and identification opportunities for the youngest Cal South ODP Player Pools
- Nike Soccer camp t-shirt & camp ball
- Individual verbal and written evaluations from coaches
- Specialized goalkeeper training at each camp
- Introduction mental concepts with a sports psychologist
- International guest coaches
- Q&A with prominent guests
- High quality fields & facilities at the Thacher School
- Educational sessions on fitness, nutrition, ODP, college recruiting and U.S. National Team programs
- Excellent coach-to-player ratio and off-the-field supervision
- Introduction to FIFA's "The 11+" injury prevention program
- Training habits and techniques to take home
- Talent Show at the Girls Academy
- Indoor Soccer Challenge at the Boys Academy
ODP Youth Academy Objectives:
- Introduce the Youth Player (age brackets U10-U14) to a positive ODP environment and expose them to the high standards and expectations of the Cal South ODP and US Youth Soccer National Team Programs.
- Week-long exposure of top-level youth players with high-quality coaching staff and overall player development.
- Evaluation and Identification of Academy players for the youngest Cal South ODP Player Pools.
- Functionally train the players.
- Introduce mental concepts and improve coaching effectiveness through sessions with a sports psychologist.
- Motivation through interaction with Youth National Team players.
- Teach about the game on the field and through video reviews.
- Introduce Youth National Team-level fitness.
- Give players feedback in individual, oral meetings.
- Teach training habits for them to take home.
The Thacher School
Founded in 1889, the Thacher School is a coeducational boarding high school located 85 miles north of Los Angeles, California. This picturesque campus is nestled in the beautiful Ojai Valley on over 140 acres of lush grounds accommodating facilities of the highest standard.
The Thacher School facilities include beautifully maintained soccer fields, a first-class dining hall offering a nutritious menu, single-occupancy dorm rooms, a beautiful outdoor pool, game rooms, and top-notch classroom and video presentation halls.
These incredible facilities, set in the isolated serenity of the Thacher School campus, will provide for a focused, fun, and formative learning experience for players striving to take their game to the next level at the Cal South ODP Residential Youth Academy or the Finishing & Goalkeeping Academies.
- USSF 'A' & 'B' Licensed Professional Coaching Staff
- ODP Player Identification Opportunities
- Highest Standard of fields & facilities: The Thacher School Campus
- Personalized Camp Evaluation
- Excellent Coach to Player Ratio
- Camp Curriculum modeled after US Youth National Team Programs
- Specialized Goalkeeper Training