Herbalife Independent Distributors Nutrition Education provided by Health and Wealth Group
Exercise and Physical Activity
Studies that have followed the health of large groups of people for many years, as well as short-term studies of the physiologic effects of exercise, all point in the same direction: A sedentary (inactive) lifestyle increases the chances of becoming overweight and developing a number of chronic diseases.
Exercise or regular physical activity helps many of the body's systems function better and keeps a host of diseases at bay:
• Improves your chances of living longer and living healthier
• Helps protect you from developing heart disease or its precursors, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
• Helps protect you from developing certain cancers, including colon and breast cancer
• Helps prevent Type 2 diabetes (what was once called adult-onset diabetes), as well as its complications
• Helps prevent the insidious loss of bone known as osteoporosis
• Reduces the risk of falling among older adults
• Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety and improves mood and controls weight
When it comes to physical activity, some is better than none, and more is better. The American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association recommend that healthy adults get a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity on five days each week, or get a minimum of 20 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity on three days of the week.
If you don't currently exercise and aren't very active during the day, any increase in exercise or physical activity is good for you. Start slow, and gradually build up the length and intensity of your workouts over time.
A great way to stay healthy is combine an active lifestyle with good nutrition, vitamins and minerals.
For over 30 years, Herbalife has been a leader in good nutrition and encouraging healthy eating habits. For more information or to purchase product, contact your Herbalife Cal South Independent Distributor to order, or for answers to any other questions, please visit our website at www.herbalifecalsouth.com or call 805.331.6803.