||Key Coaching Points|
• 8 players: 3 to 4 balls
• Each player passes a ball and applies pressure using the correct angle and speed.
• Groups of two with one player defending a line. Rotate after each pass.
• Always start with transition.
|1. Show direction
2. Angle of approach
3. Speed of approach
5. Keep the player in front of you
||• 1v1 to one goal: Coach serves a ball in to attacking player who tries to penetrate and shoot on goal. After the attacker shoots, they become the GK and the GK becomes an attacker.
• 2v2 to one goal: Add a covering player and a second attacking player and repeat as above.
|1. Approach and speed of the pressuring run
2. Try to win the ball; if not, then delay attacker.
3. Add a second defender and forward, creating a 2v2 game.
|EXPANDED SMALL-SIDED ACTIVITY|
||• 5v5: Game with a halfway line and with goalkeepers
• Teams play 3:2 + GK in two zones
• Players can cross the zone when they pass an entry ball into the attacking third. This will create 1v1 opportunities.
|1. When the pressuring defender gives a visual cue, the rest of his teammates will react to the ball.
2. By having a halfway line restriction, an attacking player will enter over the halfway line, which will create even numbers and give all players the chance to defend.
||• 5v5: Game with goalkeepers
• No restrictions