D. How to Apply for Funding from the Cal South Soccer Foundation
Online Application Process
The next Grant Application Process will open on March 1, 2012 and will close on March 31, 2012 at 5:00 pm PST.
Once the next Grant Application Process begins, in order to have your grant request considered, you are required to provide the required documentation by the application deadline of March 31, 2012 or your application will not be accepted. You can submit the required documents by:
• Scanning and e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Faxing to 714.441.0715, Attn: Shirley Ramirez
• Send by mail or deliver to:
Attn: Shirley Ramirez | Cal South Soccer Foundation
1029 S. Placentia Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831
If you have further questions, please call 888.429.7276, ext 1575.
Please make sure you have the following required documents before beginning an application:
• the organization's most current annual operating budget (include income/expenses to date)
• the most recent completed financial statement (If unaudited, then last two years of balance sheet, profit/loss statement and statement of cash flows)
• the most recent IRS Form 990
• IRS tax status determination letter
• State of California tax status determination letter
• detailed program budget
• list of board of directors
• If considering a field project. A copy of the Grant Deed is required.
To confirm that you are in good standing with the CA Franchise Tax Board you may check the following website:
Please Note: If your organization is awarded a grant, you will be required to:
• Supply us with a certificate of insurance naming the Cal South Soccer Foundation as an additional insured. (If you do not carry insurance, please explain in writing how you will cover liability issues that may arise from participation in your program.)
The Cal South Soccer Foundation accepts and processes grant requests throughout the year, however the board meets two times a year, usually in January and June, to approve grant requests. Due to the number of requests we receive, it generally takes several months before the board takes action on the application. It is suggested that each applicant carefully review the deadlines for each of these board meetings to ensure that the grant request will be approved prior to the beginning of the soccer season. Dates may change annually and will be available on our website.