MAKE SURE YOUR LEAGUE GETS ITS VOTE IN FOR THE NEW CAL SOUTH EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT!
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2011 // CAL SOUTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
LONG BEACH CONVENTION CENTER, ROOM 104
The election for the open Cal South Board of Directors officer position of Executive Vice President will be held during the Cal South Annual General Meeting on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at the Long Beach Convention Center, Room 104 and voted upon by credentialed Affiliate Members. Credentialing for league delegates begins at 7:30 am, and the Annual General Meeting begins at 9:00 am. The Annual General Meeting is being held in conjunction with Soccer Nation Expo.
The candidates for Cal South Executive Vice President are Derek Barraza and Christopher Gallup. Ken Goldman and Roy Carlson are running unopposed for Treasurer and Vice President of Youth, respectively.
To download full bios on each Executive Vice President candidate, please click here.
WHY BOTHER TO VOTE?
The Officers of the Board of Directors elected at the AGM will serve for two years and have the duty to conduct the business of Cal South including the addition/amendments of bylaws, rules and regulations, expenditure of funds, obtaining sponsors, setting of fees, representation at regional and national meetings, approval of leagues and tournaments, and any other concerns of Cal South. It is therefore incumbent upon the member leagues to be well represented and have a voice in electing the Officers of the Board of Directors who will best represent their interest and the interests of Cal South.
VOTING AT THE AGM
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of California State Soccer Association - South (Cal South) is held as directed by the Cal South Bylaws, Article V, Section 3. This meeting is held to allow delegates from each affiliate member to participate in the election of officers and vote on proposed amendments to the bylaws, and any other business that may occur.
Each member league in good standing shall have votes in proportion to the number of duly registered players with this association as per the Cal South Online Registration Information System (CORIS) on the first week of November of the current seasonal year. Each league shall have one (1) vote for each 375 players or fraction thereof, not to exceed eight (8).
VOTING RULES AND REQUIRMENTS
No league may exercise its franchise at the AGM unless it satisfies the requirements and rules set forth in the 2011 Credential Rules:
2011 CREDENTIAL RULES
- Leagues must have completed all (7) requirements of league approval for the current seasonal year as listed on the league application.
- Leagues must have all of its players registered in accordance with Cal South, US Youth Soccer. And US Adult Soccer procedures.
- Leagues must be in "Good Standing". All player fees and financial obligations to Cal South must be current. Leagues must be in compliance of Cal South bylaws, rules, regulations, and policies. Payment of player fees and financial obligations must be received not later than January 31, 2011. Payments will not be accepted immediately prior to the meeting.
- Leagues must bring a properly executed Delegate Letter in order to be allowed to vote. Click here for a sample Delegate Letter
- The Delegate Letter must be submitted prior to the annual general meeting. This letter may be submitted in advance to the Cal South Corporate Office or can be presented to the Credentials Committee immediately before the meeting.
- The Credentials Committee shall approve all letters of credentials before any delegate shall be allowed to vote.
- League letterhead must be used for the Delegate Letter.
- Three (3) league board of directors' officers must sign and print or type their name and position on the Delegate Letter.
- The League Delegate(s) must be listed by name on the Delegate Letter.
- All League Delegates shall present signed picture identification to the Credentials Committee when checking in to receive a ballot packet and other voting materials.
- Only one (1) Delegate is necessary to cast all League votes.
- Changes to the Delegate Letter are not allowed after the Credential Committee approves it.
- All properly credential delegates will receive a hand stamp to identify them as they cast their ballots.
- All ballot packages will have easily identified pages with unique colors or other identification so voting rounds can be distinguished.
- No additional ballots will be issued to any credentialed delegate after voting has begun.