Click here to return to the Cal South Board of Directors main page
Brett Wood | Cal South Vice President of Adults
Soccer Administrative Positions:
• Involved in adult soccer in Southern California for over 25 years.
• Currently holds the position of Vice President of Adults at Cal South since 2010.
• Former President of Men's Coast Soccer League 2002-2012.
• Men's Coast Soccer League BOD 1998-2012, serving as Vice President and then President.
• Team manager and coach of L.A. Strikers men's team 1994-2009.
• Pacific Soccer League BOD and member of Executive Committee and founding member of Premier Division 1988-1995.
• Coached U16 boys and girls teams in Redondo Beach.
Soccer Playing Experience:
• NY Youth State Select Teams.
• High school team captain, MVP (Brockport, NY).
• Regional High School All-American.
• Cornell University men's soccer team 1982-84.
• Downey and NHB Strikers men's semi-pro teams.
• L.A. Strikers men's teams (Pacific Soccer League and Coast Soccer League, Open and Amateur Cup Regional Champions, Over-30 Champions, Las Vegas Tournaments Champions).
• 25-year corporate career at Toyota and currently President and CEO of Toyota Material Handling North America's Industrial Equipment Division.
• Prior to Toyota, worked at Northrop Aerospace and IBM.
• Board member of 9 different organizations: 3 national, 4 corporate and 2 non-profit charities including TeamKidz and SafetyBeltSafe organizations.
• Resides in Manhattan Beach with his wife Jamie and young daughter. Jamie is a Senior Executive in the toy industry.
• Long-time season ticket holder of Galaxy and Chivas and can be found at all games supporting local professional soccer and U.S. Men's and Women's National Team games in Southern California.
• Attended 2 World Cups and 2 Olympic Soccer finals.