AFFILIATE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
The Cal South Board of Directors has adopted new Affiliate Sanctioning requirements beginning January 2017.
Access to the Cal South Registration System is dependent upon meeting all Affiliate Member Application requirements. The sanctioning requirements for Youth, Adult and prospective new affiliate members have different requirements, as noted in the new application process.
The Cal South Affiliate Member Application for the 2017-18 season is live online and can be accessed by clicking here. Once this application is completed and approved you will have access to the 2017-18 Season.
• $100.00 Renewal Application fee
• $200.00 New League (Non-Refundable)
Have the following documents digitized, and/or scanned and ready to be uploaded:
- Rules and Regulations
- Field Permits
- Player Rosters
- 990 or financials.
- Active Secretary of State status
- Lastly, be prepared to pay with your credit/debit card. Applications will not be considered unless the application fee is paid.
Returning Member Sanctioning (Renewals):
A Returning Member Sanctioning Renewal Application review period has been established as part of the renewal process. The renewal period will begin March 1st and continue until July 1st of each year. For the 2017 calendar year, this may be modified to accommodate the initial adoption of the new policy.
Leagues/Clubs that change by using a different non-profit organization number and subsequently use a different name must complete the “New Member Sanctioning” process outlined below as a new affiliate member.
Any and all prior outstanding financial obligations due to Cal South must be paid in full or have an approved “Settlement Agreement” in place with Cal South prior to a renewal application being processed.
The returning League/Club must be “In Good Standing” with Cal South.
Once all requirements are met the application will be submitted to the District Commissioner for review and initial processing. Please allow up to 14 days for the application to be reviewed by the District Commissioner. Applications will be reviewed and processed on a first come, first served basis.
Payment of Member Renewal Application fees.
Complete Member Renewal Application.
The Affiliate Club/League President must acknowledge on the online application that all of the items submitted are accurate, current and up to date.
Any League/Club using the label of “Academy” must publicly disclose if they are or are not part of the USSF Development Academy Program, (DA).
All application information must be current and accurate. Any application information found to be inaccurate or missing required information, will not be processed, will be delayed, or may be cause for denial.
New Member Sanctioning
A Pre-Screening process is required for all New Affiliate Applications. The Pre-Screening open period will be December 1st through February 1st of each year for the subsequent Fall soccer season.
Applicants must complete and submit the Pre-Screening form during the Pre-screening open period prior to receiving the New Affiliate Member Sanctioning Application.
Applicants must disclose any information regarding the League/Club partnerships and/or franchising relationships within Cal South.
If the fields identified by the new Affiliate overlap across “District Boundaries”, the adjacent District Commissioners must also approve the sanctioning.
League/Club Board of Directors requirements:
The President and Treasurer Officer positions cannot be held by individuals who are related (family) to one another.
The Treasurer may not be simultaneously the Secretary, Executive Vice President, Vice President or President of Affiliate Club or League.
Board of Directors of the League/Club cannot have a majority of their Board comprised of Board members, from a prior League/Clubs which have been:
- Suspended and had their non-profit status revoked by the IRS,
- Suspended or dissolved by the California Secretary of State
- Suspended by Cal South.
- Suspended by Risk Management and/or PAD.
Please allow up to 14 days for the application to be reviewed by the District Commissioner. Applications will be reviewed and processed as received.
Final Application Processing:
The final approval process starts as soon as all of the required information is received by Staff and continues until April 1st of each year. Applications received after April 1st will not be processed in the current calendar year.
Applicants must submit the following information as required on the Cal South Affiliate Sanctioning form:
- Payment of Affiliate Member Application fee.
- Current and completed Affiliate VIP directory.
- Provide Affiliate Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- A minimum of five (5) teams registered by July 1st of each year and have all players in their organization registered with Cal South during each Fall Seasonal year.
- Active incorporation status with the State of California (CA Secretary of State) as a public benefit non-profit corporation.
- Active IRS 501(c)3 Tax Exemption status (US Department of the Treasury).
- Must have a parent’s Fees Refund Policy.
- Protests, Appeals, & Disciplinary (PAD) Committee point of contact.
- Director of Referees point of contact (leagues only).
- Verification of practice/game fields.
Submission of site(s) address with primary contact information for city, school district and/or facility representative.
Signed agreement with the respective entity for the duration of the Fall Season for practice and game fields.
Youth Competitive Leagues must meet the additional requirements listed below:
- League rules of competition.
- Director of League contacts.
- Any additional requirements as requested on the CS form.
When applying for a combined Competitive, Signature League, Recreational league and/or TOP Soccer program, Rules of Play must be provided for each type of competition:
- Rules of Competition for Competitive
- Rules of Competition for Recreational
- Rules of Competition for Signature League
- Rules of Competition for TOP Soccer
Municipalities having their own local government such as the Department Parks and Recreation and other government agencies applying for new or renewal membership can request a Cal South waiver of the requirements to have separate incorporation status with the State of California and the active IRS 501(c) 3 Tax Exemption status. The Organization shall comply with all other requirements. This is only valid when forming recreational soccer programs serving the immediate community.
A few additional considerations each applicant should be aware of to ensure the application process goes smoothly:
- Take your time.
- Make sure to address each requirement. Errors within the application may cause a delay in the application process.
- Review the completed application form carefully before submitting.
- If you have any questions or you don’t have the information required, save your partial work and return later when it is available.
- You may request a modified copy of the form if needed. Applicants have 24/7 access to their League Application form at any time.
- When submitting material electronically, documents should be in MS Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format. The secure way to guarantee your fonts and formatting are preserved is to convert the .doc to a .pdf.
Avoid the following pitfalls:
- Answer all the required fields. If you have a question, please contact or email the Administrative Services Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714 451-1513.
- Make sure to have your updated VIPs ready for submittal before completing the form.